Game Gear replacement mainboard 315-5335 v1.1
This is a brand-new manufactured replacement mainboard for your Sega Game Gear, using all new components. This board makes it possible to repair your VA0 model Game Gear which suffers from PCB damage caused by leaking capacitors or batteries.
The board has been reverse engineered from a Sega Game Gear VA0 model, better known as the DUAL-ASIC variant. Since I am not able to source new ASIC chips, cartridge connectors and expansion port connections, you need to supply these parts from one of your broken boards. Currently I do not have enough supply to provide you a fully assembled board!
TV-tuner is not supported - this is limited due to the current available LCD kits.
This is a small first run - with buying and assembling you will support me with testing!
The black board is limited in quanity since I wanted to test a 4-layer PCB. This also means it is harder to solder since it takes a lot more heat
The board has not been fully tested with all LCD kits, the following combination is tested:
- SEGA 315-5378A and 315-5378B chip ASIC revisions
- SEGA 315-5378 not working (only used on very first Japanese mainboards 837-7398-01)
- BennVenn IPS kit
You need to harvest and assemble the following chips:
- IC1 Toshiba 84C00AM-6
- IC2 SEGA 315-5377 VDP ASIC
- IC3 SEGA 315-5378A or 315-5378B SCA ASIC
Installation is done at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for damage resulting from installation. Experienced soldering skill is needed – do no buy this kit if you do not know how to solder fine pitch SMD chips.
Before installation, please join the BennVenn discord via https://discord.gg/f8AbftjEMs and look for the #game-gear-mainboard-kit channel!
Recommended tools are:
- Soldering iron with 1-1.5mm chisel or gull-wing tip
- Hot air rework station
- Desoldering gun or pump
- Multimeter and/or oscilloscope
- All SMD parts assembled on mainboard - except for ASIC
- 5-pin potentiometer for brightness level adjustment
- 3mm 2-color LED red with diffused lens
- 32.2160MHz crystal
- VA0/VA1 Tyco AMP CT style power and sound board wire harness
- Sound board with tantalum capacitors
- Power board for 3.7v LiPo batteries and has USB-C play-and-charge feature
This mainboard has a connectors for easy installation of a LCD kit. Currently the following kit is available to connect a BennVenn IPS LCD. New kit to connect RetroSix CleanScreen and Chinese kits will be added soon!
Currently limited stock available - assembly of new boards will be based on demand.
ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED AFTER SEPTEMBER 28