This is a brand new manufactured sound board compatible with your Sega Game Gear, using all new components. The board is a drop-in replacement; disconnect the 2 connectors, remove the 2 screws and install the new board. No adjustments needed to your Game Gear!I am an retro gaming enthousiast and one of my passions is to create new replacement parts for Sega and Nintendo consoles. All my products are assembled with the best parts available, next to this I am doing all assembly and testing myself - to ensure you get the best product!The board is build with the same schematic as the original sound board, however during testing I measured less noise when I mounted a larger bypass capacitor. This also removes most of the noise when you install a new aftermarket LCD kit. To proof this I have added the test results with MDFourier, where I compared a VA0 sound board with my own version.All parts are picked based on quality:
- Original ST Microelectronics TDA2822D amplifier chip with a total harmonic distortion of 0.2%
- Panasonic F-series electrolytic capacitors with a minimum lifespan of 2000 hours @ 105C
- Murata ceramic capacitors
- Panasonic volume potentiometer, no more open gap!
- PCB with ENIG finishPlease verify if you have a Tyco AMP CT connector (most common) or JST PH connector (P3-serial numbers and USA 2110K or 2110G models).
Game Gear replacement sound board v1.2